0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound Month!

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Yamaha MG-XU driver installation - XP/Vista

nickpierce

Can anyone please advise if they have been able to successfully connect one of Yamaha's new MG series USB mixers using Windows XP or Vista.
I have tried installing the Yamaha Steinberg USB Driver (versions 1.6, 1.7 and 1.8) but none seem to work correctly.
On my XP machine, I don't see the MG-XU listed as a device (in device manager). And in the 'sounds' control panel, only my onboard soundcard is available for selection for playback/recording.
On my Vista machine, the MG-XU is listed as a device, but has an error, and again, only the onboard sound card appears under the 'sounds' panel.
I also tried installing Yamaha's "USB Audio Driver V1.1.2 for Win8/7/Vista/XP 32-Bit", but during the installation, no device is detected and the installation stops (this happens regardless of whether the mixer is connected or not, and powered up or not).
Has anyone come across this problem at all?
thanks in advance.
April 13, 2014 @11:52pm