rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Mesa's GEQ pedal.

Markedman

I think that this pedal will turn most amps into fire breathers. Mesa/Boogie is known for taking amplifiers to a different, higher level and I've never really been satisfied with most GEQ's sound, but I love the GEQs that come with Boogies.
March 13, 2014 @02:19am
germanflu

I think that this pedal will turn most amps into fire breathers. Mesa/Boogie is known for taking amplifiers to a different, higher level and I've never really been satisfied with most GEQ's sound, but I love the GEQs that come with Boogies.

I am not sure that it will turn your amp into a "fire breather" unless your amp is already high gain. I have one that I run through my fx loop on my fender and it does it's job for sure, but it doesn't provide any additional gain. It gives a bit of a boost if I want it to, but I mainly use it to have more control over the bottom end.
January 21, 2016 @02:08pm