0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Help save my pro tools session - it has been hijacked by auto tune :)

djmusicman

Hi,
Have protools 9 with an iMac with Mac OS X 10.8.5 with Memory 4 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3
Computer is 64 bit but believe protools 9 is 32 bit.
just purchased AutoTune7 RTAS format for use with protools
Opened Auto tune 7 as an insert on one track only using graph mode . First time it doubled my CPU usage to about 14 % (had about ten other tracks in use) and had a few clicks and pops here and there. 2nd time i used it it fried my CPU - went in the red and 95 to 100 % - sounded like a car running out of gas. I even tried deactivating the other tracks and same result.
Questions are:
1) is it simply a matter of installing more memory in my iMac. It seems odd that it would fry my CPU on use on one track only.
2) are there setting I can use/change to reduce CPU use. I only need graph/manual mode to make corrections manually.
3) Possible to navigate one Auto tune insert for use on both the master and a doubled voice track? if Im having this much trouble with one insert don't want to add more unless I need to.
Thanks!
Music Man
February 9, 2014 @07:47pm
TimOBrien

4gb on an imac is fine for office applications and internet.
Audio/video production needs lots lots lots more.
First thing I did when I got my imac was to throw 8gb into it for a total of 12gb. Never any problem.
An upgrade only runs you $50 and is the best thing you can do for it.
February 9, 2014 @09:16pm