0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Recording set up?

Bionicshane

OK, I am a newbie here. Sorry if this is a redundant question. I am looking to get a home set up. I have looked around and there is too many choices. I have a Windows 7 PC. I would like to be able to track the basics. Guitar, bass, keyboards and vocals. But, I would like to maybe track live drums with minor upgrades. I guess I am looking for software an a interface. Not necessarily inexpensive. But not top of the line? The studio I mainly record in, uses Pro tools. So the capability to demo click, scratch tracks would save me money. Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks
January 29, 2014 @03:50pm
JamesPalermo

OK, I am a newbie here. Sorry if this is a redundant question. I am looking to get a home set up. I have looked around and there is too many choices. I have a Windows 7 PC. I would like to be able to track the basics. Guitar, bass, keyboards and vocals. But, I would like to maybe track live drums with minor upgrades. I guess I am looking for software an a interface. Not necessarily inexpensive. But not top of the line? The studio I mainly record in, uses Pro tools. So the capability to demo click, scratch tracks would save me money. Any input would be much appreciated! Thanks

What kind of budget?
February 4, 2014 @12:57pm
producerspot

Microphones: an Shure SM57 and a good condenser vocal mic, 4033cl is a great starter condenser. Some good monitors are M-Audio, KRK or Alesis M1 Active. For audio interface I go with Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 .
March 14, 2014 @06:04am