0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 5

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Pro Tools 11 demo - Can't get it to work (and the clock is ticking)!

brianbfw

Good morning forum:
I have an issue I cannot resolve. I've been a long time Logic user, but am considering switching to Pro Tools. I have never used Pro Tools before.
From what I can tell, I've followed the download instructions correctly, but there is no Pro Tools App for me to click on to start the program. Forums I've checked say it should be in the Mac HD -> Applications folder.
There is an Avid Pro Tools folder, but it only contains a License .pdf file.
Interestingly enough, The AIR instruments appears to have loaded.
My iLok2 has the Pro tools license, and I am on day two (of the 30 days demo). I did a forum check. Someone did have the same issue,exact but it was not answered by Avid.
Any ideas? I really want to give this software a try before jumping onto Pro tools. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Brian
January 5, 2014 @02:41pm
JamesPalermo

Good morning forum:
I have an issue I cannot resolve. I've been a long time Logic user, but am considering switching to Pro Tools. I have never used Pro Tools before.
From what I can tell, I've followed the download instructions correctly, but there is no Pro Tools App for me to click on to start the program. Forums I've checked say it should be in the Mac HD -> Applications folder.
There is an Avid Pro Tools folder, but it only contains a License .pdf file.
Interestingly enough, The AIR instruments appears to have loaded.
My iLok2 has the Pro tools license, and I am on day two (of the 30 days demo). I did a forum check. Someone did have the same issue,exact but it was not answered by Avid.
Any ideas? I really want to give this software a try before jumping onto Pro tools. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
Brian

Got another Mac you could stick your iLok into and try an install there? You could also try making a new user account on that machine and installing into that user's desktop environment. You could also try an install on a PC if you have one. Remember, whatever that iLok is plugged into can run an install of Pro Tools as a demo.
Alternatively, I can help you out and save you some time based on my personal experience -- you're gonna spend an hour or two with the demo, fall in love, and wind up dropping cash faster than you could have possibly anticipated.
I had been working on an album mastering project in Cubase LE AI 7 and it was mostly a good experience. I planned to finish this project with Cubase and budgeted for an upgrade to a full DAW at the end of February, but wasn't sure of which one yet.
Then I tried the Pro Tools 11.1 demo.
My Eleven Rack w/ my full PTools license shows up next week.
'nuff said.:D
January 18, 2014 @12:43pm