0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 5

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Sweetwater Creation Station (Windows XP, SP2, 32-bit) freezes minutes after startup!

KF90

I have an old Sweetwater Creation Station with Windows XP SP2 32-bit installed which I got for my birthday in the summer of 2008. As of a year ago, it has started freezing up after boot minutes after the desktop loads. The mouse becomes unresponsive and I can't ctrl+alt+del out of it. I have already tried blowing the dust out of the box, virus and malware scans are clean, and there are no errors in the Event Viewer. I have to reboot the computer to get it to run without incident, which is a waste of my free time.
Another option I have found is to update my BIOS, but I worry that the manufacturer (American Megatrends) no longer supports my BIOS.
I would really like for you to assist me in getting this issue fixed. I don't want to have to buy a new computer because they are all running 64-bit. I have plugins that only work reliably in 32-bit and I know that bridging will fail eventually.
December 16, 2013 @01:42am
Joe Muscara

I would suggest that you contact Sweetwater support directly and see if they can help you. These forums are more user-to-user, though Sweetwater reps reply sometimes.
December 16, 2013 @01:47pm
Justin

You can contact tech support at 800.222.4700 x 6400 and see if they can assist.
I suspect you may have a startup process that is causing the system to hang. You may also want to see if your hard drive is fragmented or running very close to full.
December 23, 2013 @10:20pm
maggie90

Just to say I hope you guys arent using XP any more that things free rein for hackers.. And with heart bleed and all yea.. be afraid be VERY afraid!! lol
April 12, 2014 @06:26am
Justin

New Creation Station builds are all Windows 7, Home Premium 64-bit right now.
April 16, 2014 @07:40pm
80sRockFan6994

Has this been resolved?
I would say Justin is on the right track otherwise, a fragmented hard disk will cause issues just like you're having very fast. Either that, or some form of system process is hogging all of your RAM.
Just to say I hope you guys arent using XP any more that things free rein for hackers.. And with heart bleed and all yea.. be afraid be VERY afraid!! lol

Hey, technically, no operating system is 100% safe. I bet in 5-8 years, people will have Windows 7 in the same "cracked, unsafe" state XP is in... Right whenever Microsoft decides to stop giving it attention. I'm not any form of hacker, but I will tell you there are people out there constantly trying to break in to Windows 7... What keeps them out is good security updates from Microsoft. When those stop, the OS will be in the same state XP's at right now.
Just saying. :)
To the original poster - Good luck figuring out your issue... I hope Sweetwater can help you out with this!
April 23, 2014 @03:10am