After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.
3 years ago
I have seen many threads on the electric shocks from microphones issue, but i have a different issue. When my mixing board is off, i am getting shocked from my microphones. Turn it on and the shocks go away! Now, it's not a big deal as i'm not getting shocked when using the equipment, but i'd still like to know what is going on!
Do you have some equipment on different circuits? if so use a circuit tester on the outlets - if they are one circuit is wires properly and the other is reversed (hot & Neutral) it can cause this. Re Wiring the circuits would be the best fix if that is the case - but if it's not your space a good power filter/conditioner would help.
All on one circuit currently. Could it be the mixer itself?
and other Sweetwater publications!
Sign up for special email offers:
We'll help you get the gear you need!
5501 U.S. Hwy 30 W
Fort Wayne, IN 46818