0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Guitar Rig in Reason

.Selah.

Hi,
I've been using Native Instruments' Guitar Rig for some time now, and have recently had the opportunity to also put Reason on my laptop. I was wondering if it is possible to use Reason as a host DAW and open Guitar Rig inside Reason as an effect plugin. Guitar Rig is a .dll that I have imported to the plugin-locations of a couple of free DAW's--Reaper and Zynewazw Podium Free--and been able to open up Guitar rig on a single channel within the DAW. But I see no way to do that here. Is it possible with Reason? It is Reason 5 if that makes a difference.
Any help is appreciated.
December 1, 2013 @07:54am
JamesPalermo

Ideally Reason isn't really your "DAW," this being an example of why.
Reason is a great tool to make sounds and record some loops or ideas, but really you should be Rewiring it into a more robust recording, mixing, and mastering focused DAW. I strongly suggest Reaper if you aren't ready to put down money yet, and then Pro Tools when you are starting to get serious.
BTW, If you plan to incorporate Reason into your work, I strongly suggest you pay for a legit copy of the latest Reason Essentials and get rid of Reason 5.
January 18, 2014 @12:33pm