0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Avid Pro Tools Recording Rig October 2015 Giveaway

Live sound gods...I need thy help!

I am wiring up an auditorium about 90ft long x 50ft wide. I am unsure which of these jbl models will suit best: JBL CBT 70J or CBT 100 LA. I have pair of JBL MPro speced similarly to the CBT 100 LA and are plenty powerful for the aplication, but I have never used line arrays. I favor the 100A as it's about 300 bucks cheaper and I am working with a strict budget.

The auditorium is mainly used for plays, meetings, and an occasional movie and sits about 100 people. Attached is the link to the JBL brochure.

Thank you all for your bits :P

http://www.jblpro.com/BackOffice/Pro...e_July2012.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Pinhead View Post
    I am wiring up an auditorium about 90ft long x 50ft wide. I am unsure which of these jbl models will suit best: JBL CBT 70J or CBT 100 LA. I have pair of JBL MPro speced similarly to the CBT 100 LA and are plenty powerful for the aplication, but I have never used line arrays. I favor the 100A as it's about 300 bucks cheaper and I am working with a strict budget.

The auditorium is mainly used for plays, meetings, and an occasional movie and sits about 100 people. Attached is the link to the JBL brochure.

Thank you all for your bits :P

http://www.jblpro.com/BackOffice/Pro...e_July2012.pdf
    This isn't a true "line array" a real line array you have multiple boxes and adjust the angles of each one based on the calculations of the room. That being said which one you want depends on the needs of the room. if the room has stadium style seating you'll like want the 70Js (and maybe 70Je depending on how much coverage you need)

Lightbulb

For Starters, I never would un JBL. There are better solutions for roughly the same money. Two flying 2 way Cabinets on each side would be more efficient, plus much better sound. For example the Peavey QWML has a 15" low frequency driver with a 4" Titanium tweeter that is THX certified. you will NOT find a better sounding combination for that theater. MSRP is $799 each, but you can usually get them cheaper. Don't skimp on the Amplifier when using these. I have run these in THX and Dolby Digital Theater Setups running anywhere from 400 watts per channel to well over 2,000watts per channel. Never had a failure yet.