0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Cloudlifter CL-1 + Scarlett 2i2 + SM7 issues?

E-REK

Hey everyone - quick question re: the Cloudlifter CL-1 - hopefully you can all help me out here!
I'll start with the problem, and then explain how I've got everything arranged and what I'm working with:
I just received my Cloudlifter to add extra gain to the SM7 - pretty typical. Every time I run a test of the mic (just speaking, no instruments) it seems like there is a sample delay of some sort. In other words, not only is there a delay in the recording, but it also completely cuts out, then comes back in, and cuts out again... etc. etc. and it sounds rather unpleasant and is totally unusable. I might record something later and link it in this thread.
For the set up, I've got an SM7 connected to the Cloudlifter, connected to the 2i2, connected to my MacBook Pro and I'm using Logic 9 as my DAW. Using phantom power for the Cloudlifter. Any help would be appreciated!
October 30, 2013 @09:49pm