rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Reverb unit where to put it?

Ray5008

Could some one please tell me where to put a Reverb unit in my PA system. I have a Behringer mixer, BBE maximize, powered subs and passive tops with 2 amps, one for tops and one for monitors. Where in line would I put the Reverb unit?
October 17, 2013 @02:49pm
jpleong

Could some one please tell me where to put a Reverb unit in my PA system. I have a Behringer mixer, BBE maximize, powered subs and passive tops with 2 amps, one for tops and one for monitors. Where in line would I put the Reverb unit?

Reverb unit is ideally fed from a post-fader Aux send and returned via Effects return or other open channel.
JP
October 17, 2013 @03:13pm
TimmyP1955

And the BBE is best used as an insert on a channel that you just can't make sound good. Or as a door stop.
October 24, 2013 @09:28am
PRSWILL

nice Timmy- bashing a dudes gear. Aux send to return for your PA- that's the only place to put it if you want to run verb over your whole mix.
November 10, 2013 @12:28am
Landon

I agree... reverb is essential! If I only had one unit, I would patch the whole mix through it... everything can benefit from a little verb :D
December 31, 2013 @04:00pm
TimmyP1955

I agree... reverb is essential! If I only had one unit, I would patch the whole mix through it... everything can benefit from a little verb :D

I hope that was tongue-in-cheeck - unless the reverb is top notch, that will sound dreadful. Rarely will you hear a recording on which everything is fed to the reverb in the same amount.
January 2, 2014 @03:55am
Landon

I hope that was tongue-in-cheeck - unless the reverb is top notch, that will sound dreadful. Rarely will you hear a recording on which everything is fed to the reverb in the same amount.

If it's softly verb'ed, it would probably be ok; however, if you are going to hit the verb hard, I think the lead vox is going to need it more than anyone... so an insert on the vox will be my final answer.
February 13, 2014 @05:56am