0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

MIDI Sound Module

jazztrumpet9

Hi there,
I'm pretty new to the electronic music world. I just got an M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 with speakers and a FireWire solo for cheap on Craigslist. Now, I'm looking for a sound module I can use with the controller so I won't have to hook it up to my computer every time I want to use it. My computer is getting old, and the less I have to use it, the longer it will last.
I want to use this keyboard for practice purposes mainly, so I don't want or need a fancy module with lots of sounds and effects. I'm going for cheap and bare minimum. Can someone help me out? I don't even know how to find what's out there that would fill what I need.
I'm looking for piano sounds. That's it.
Thanks so much!
TDS
September 26, 2013 @02:13am
willqen

Hi there,
I'm pretty new to the electronic music world. I just got an M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 with speakers and a FireWire solo for cheap on Craigslist. Now, I'm looking for a sound module I can use with the controller so I won't have to hook it up to my computer every time I want to use it. My computer is getting old, and the less I have to use it, the longer it will last.
I want to use this keyboard for practice purposes mainly, so I don't want or need a fancy module with lots of sounds and effects. I'm going for cheap and bare minimum. Can someone help me out? I don't even know how to find what's out there that would fill what I need.
I'm looking for piano sounds. That's it.
Thanks so much!
/QUOTE]
Hello.
I could suggest a lot of modules, all probably not quite right for you.
I suggest you call Sweetwater.
Their people know what they are doing.
They will steer you in the right direction.
Good luck,
Will
January 17, 2014 @02:01am