0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
NAMM Happening Now

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

It's mid-August... is there anyone out there?

Synthologist

Just checking to see if anyone comes to this forum anymore.
Any new keyboards? New bands? What's happening? :)
August 15, 2013 @04:42pm
bobbymars

I visit the site everyday , so much on the wish list . Top of the list other than food ( starving musician) P.A. speakers . . rented some jbls a few weeks ago for an outdoor event (srx 725 ) loved them so much . . . wish I had a couple grand to spend . I'll need a bigger amp to push them oh and a bigger van . I'm like a child in a candy store when it comes to this stuff . . love to look at guitars as much as I did in 65 . maybe a mic upgrade and a nice pre . . wish I had a nice keyboard just for home . . it all seems out of reach yet here I am . . love the greg koch videos . . so informative . . been over to wildwood guitars where there is even more eye ear and mind candy . . . but as time pushes forward I seem to regard myself as more and more obsolete . Hope sweetwater is tracking my daily visits and finds my interest encouraging . . . gotta go synthologist bobby
August 16, 2013 @12:21pm
Synthologist

Thanks for dropping in, Bobby.
I've been a bit bored this summer. No gigs scheduled at the moment, which is unfortunate since we're having some beautiful weather here. I'd love an afternoon/evening gig with some good BBQ afterwards!
;)
August 16, 2013 @07:44pm
Joe Muscara

I'm here every day or nearly so. I don't have needs for new gear (with an exception, more in a bit). No gigs, so I can't justify any purchases right now anyway. I mean, I have a piano, Hammond, and Wurly at home, and the PX-5S and Electro 2 cover me for gigs right now when they do come up.
However, the piano is 88 years old and needs quite a bit of work. However, it's a 4'11" grand, so any money I'd put into it would be for my own use and wouldn't be worth anything for resale. I don't mind that so much, but it's an okay instrument and I could probably do with something that's better at this point. This means that I'm shopping for a new piano, something in the 6' or so range. Obviously that doesn't come into play at all with Sweetwater. I think they sell acoustic pianos for their area, but even if they do, I'm nowhere close.
The only other new gear that's on my radar is Logic Pro X. I'm holding off buying that until I finish a few songs. Again, that doesn't come into play with Sweetwater since I have to buy it direct from Apple.
August 17, 2013 @01:03pm
Synthologist

Hey Joe. I don't think I've ever seen a baby grand that small. What brand is it?
August 17, 2013 @07:57pm
Joe Muscara

It's a Kranich & Bach. They called the model the Grandette. Here are some photos I took of it shortly after it arrived. I've found other ones online, but they are slightly different, with different legs and music rack.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joestonezone/sets/72157625025088390/
August 18, 2013 @12:56pm
Synthologist

Nice pics. Thanks for posting them.
I've often thought about buying an inexpensive baby grand, but it would likely be fun for about 6 months, and then end up (sadly) gathering dust.
:)
August 19, 2013 @07:34pm
Joe Muscara

I play my acoustic nearly every day. It's probably the most playing this piano has seen in years.
August 21, 2013 @12:44pm
TimmyP1955

It's a Kranich & Bach. They called the model the Grandette. Here are some photos I took of it shortly after it arrived. I've found other ones online, but they are slightly different, with different legs and music rack.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joestonezone/sets/72157625025088390/

Nice. A good excuse to learn to DIY methinks.
August 22, 2013 @06:35am
maggie90

Sup dude I just got a new M-audio 25 key.. its pretty dope
April 10, 2014 @01:03am