0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Pro Tools and Audio Track Recordings

craigckc

I am using Windows XP, dual core at 1.8 Gigahertz with 3 gigs of RAM, and I have a dedicated 1TB hard drive for my sessions. I have filtered through all of the issues related to virutal instruments and recording MIDI and can have 8-9 tracks and everything is OK. However, I have a problem when recording audio tracks. I will record audiotracks from a mixer, to pro tools, and when I record more than 1 audio track, pro tools will stop in the middle of the second audio track and won't finish it. It gets through the first one OK. Also, if I record one Audio Track, and then start recording additional MIDI(virtual instruments), then this Reverb Distortion/Pops/Clicks starts up, and I have to get out of Pro Tools and go back in, only for it to continually happen again. I can record 7 of these audio tracks in Sony Forge with no problems, but it lacks the editing features of pro tools. MIDI, Aux Inputs, and Instrument Tracks work OK, but AUDIO Tracks do not work in Pro Tools. Has anyone encountered this problem?
July 14, 2013 @08:38pm
robertruetz

What version of Protools are you trying to run? Also, how many plug-ins are you using per track. It sounds like your rig just isn't powerful enough to handle that many things at once in Protools. However, I'm no expert.
Running PT LE 8.04 on my system with one or two plug-ins, 1 record track and 4 aux tracks (for routing) sometimes crashes if I have too many other things running in Windows at the same time.
Rob
July 15, 2013 @12:40pm
craigckc

What version of Protools are you trying to run? Also, how many plug-ins are you using per track. It sounds like your rig just isn't powerful enough to handle that many things at once in Protools. However, I'm no expert.
Running PT LE 8.04 on my system with one or two plug-ins, 1 record track and 4 aux tracks (for routing) sometimes crashes if I have too many other things running in Windows at the same time.
Rob

Thanks fior your response. I can run two or three plug ins and be using 8-9 tracks in a session, and all is well. It crashes when I record more than 1 AUDIO track in a session( nothing other than the one audio track, no plug ins or anything else), and it just completely stops. I have toggle aroubnd the buffer settings and that didn't make a difference.
July 19, 2013 @09:02pm