0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Buying a New Stage Piano

wesley_m88

So I'm relatively new to the live music scene, and am growing into it very quickly. I have an 11 year old yamaha portable grand that's quickly aging and I'm needing something better.
I'm pretty sure I'm in love with the Roland RD 700-NX
A lot of what I would do is "accoustic" beer garden sets and general piano bar songs with this, which it's definitely awesome for.
However - I am in a cover band, and definitely want to continue in a band route. Right now I can quickly change voices on my yamaha easily. Some songs I do with my band I only have one beat to change voices and I have this down pat. But when I was in a store messing around with the 700nx I realized how difficult it might be to do this with the new piano.
I'll be honest that I know NOTHING about some of the other posts I've seen about controlling MIDI through laptops and stuff. If anyone can offer any help, I'd greatly appreciate it!
July 9, 2013 @02:36am
Joe Muscara

I had the previous model, the RD-700GX. I didn't really do much with this myself, but it was my understanding that it was fairly straightforward to set up what they call on the NX "Live Sets" that you can quickly switch.
July 9, 2013 @01:18pm
TimmyP1955

Definitely check how fast each keyboard will change the audio to the new patch. Some take a second, which can be an eternity on stage.
July 15, 2013 @06:04am
johnsandy

I have experience with Roland RD 700-NX and I also tried its keyboard. Its really fast and comfort. If you are going to buy this. Its really Good thing for you..
I never use like Roland RD 700-NX before
October 6, 2013 @07:28am