0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Want to isolate only song from a film.....

Airecho

I am a totall new person in this world of audio editing and use wavepad sound editor to edit only songs or movie clips...now theee is this song that I want to isolate from all the dialogues that the actors say when the song is playing and please don't suggest me to download that song as that is what I don't want to do. So guyz please help me to how isolate only that song from everything else.
July 6, 2013 @09:36am
TimOBrien

Sure. It's as easy as taking all the sugar out of a cake that is already baked.
Elements of an audio file are mixed frequencies, not separate elements.
You can't just 'unmix' stuff easily.
July 6, 2013 @06:01pm
Airecho

So what you saying it is impossible... Alright Atleast tell me how can I lower the volume of their voices and increase the music volume at the time of playback.
July 7, 2013 @06:57am
TimOBrien

You still dont get it. Here is a stereo audio file:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]713[/ATTACH]
There is a single moving voltage for the left channel and a moving voltage for the right channel.
Everything is mixed and contained in that moving voltage driving the speaker.
There are no separate elements to adjust.
July 7, 2013 @12:17pm
Airecho

Thanks ....atleast now I know what I cant do.....so any ideas on what I can do...???
July 8, 2013 @01:31am
robertruetz

Is this the part where I tell you to just find another recording of the song?
There is no way for you to isolate just the part you want. You could do some EQing, but I doubt you'll get any positive results.
Rob
July 8, 2013 @01:29pm
MusicManic

What the OP is thinking is basically impossible as of this day but I really hope it could actually be done in the future. :)
Anyway I think the best that you could do is just to look for the tile of that song and download it. I'm pretty sure you'll have it in a quick 3-5 minutes.
July 16, 2013 @03:26pm