0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Zed 24-Questions on Distribution of Monitor Signal

ReubenJ

I am trying to route the Aux 1 & 2 signals to stage monitors. I have been using mic channels 15 and 16 on a snake with a Radio Shack part 274-016C adapter (Lo-Z Balanced to Hi-Z Unbalanced). I am not so sure this is the best solution. I have two available main distribution channels on the snake. The board side connectors are XLR-F. According to the manual, the Aux jacks are impedance balanced 1/4 inch.
My questions are:
1. What is the best way to distribute the Aux signal (mic or main channel) and
2. What would the wiring be to patch the snake XLR-F to the Aux channel (TS or TRS--I could not determine which by the user manual) and
3. What the wiring would be to patch the other end of the snake: XLR-M to the monitors*.
4. What is the best type of cable to use to construct the patches. I have GLS Audio Mic Cable (31-256).
* Note: Another band member is acquiring new monitors, so I am not sure what jacks will be available.
Thanks in advance.
June 29, 2013 @02:35pm