0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 4

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Sound Designer Needed - FX in 5.1 or 7.1

bluerender

Our design firm is working on a visual media project. We are looking for a sound design professional that can develop an effect layer on our visual media. All work will happen within the next 3 weeks. The effects will revolve around gaming scenarios and explosive battle. We need the effects to be configured in a surround sound set-up. Let me know if anyone out there is capable and interested, or if you know someone who is.
Thanks!
May 14, 2013 @03:44pm
kunzinator

I haven't gotten to learning any game programming as of yet but, from what I know I think if you actually are designing a game the development kit you are using should automatically be able to do surround sound using the directx directsound api or non directx equivalent. For what you are asking you probably need to provide more specific details so it can be determined exactly what you need done.
July 30, 2013 @06:37am
kunzinator

If you mean you are just doing a CGI video or similar thing to simulate a game but, not actually using a game development engine you can pretty much just ignore my last post. Extra details never hurt though.
July 30, 2013 @06:39am