0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Need help with Amek Big by Langley

frankpistohl@gmail.com

Hi.
I'm servicing an Amek Big by Langley console (28 channel, SuperTrue).
2 of the channel slots (CH6 and CH18) do not work. The channels itself work perfectly if I put them in any other slot. Seems to be an issue of the edge connector where the channel strip meets the motherboard. Any idea how to solve this? Isn't there are jumper installed on the motherboard to turn each channel ON/OFF for the computer?
There are these ribbon cables that come from the back of the console (connectors PCB) to the motherboard. I can take them off on the back-side but not on the motherboard where they are kind of wedged between one channel edge connector and the next one. Are these connectors removable or fixed? I still need to check these cables on CH6 and CH18...
What else should I look for?
BTW: I also have posted this issue on the Gearslutz forum
March 19, 2013 @10:42pm
DAS

Hi.
I'm servicing an Amek Big by Langley console (28 channel, SuperTrue).
2 of the channel slots (CH6 and CH18) do not work. The channels itself work perfectly if I put them in any other slot. Seems to be an issue of the edge connector where the channel strip meets the motherboard. Any idea how to solve this? Isn't there are jumper installed on the motherboard to turn each channel ON/OFF for the computer?
There are these ribbon cables that come from the back of the console (connectors PCB) to the motherboard. I can take them off on the back-side but not on the motherboard where they are kind of wedged between one channel edge connector and the next one. Are these connectors removable or fixed? I still need to check these cables on CH6 and CH18...
What else should I look for?
BTW: I also have posted this issue on the Gearslutz forum

Wow. Blast from the past. I am responding because I doubt anyone else will. It's been too long since I've been on the inside of one of these and I just don't remember it in enough detail to help you. It might make sense to contact AMEK in the UK.
Sorry not more help.
March 22, 2013 @09:57pm