0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

High quality MIDI files

badaxxe

I am looking for high quality MIDI files to do a live band type situation. I play guitar and sing as does my woman. We both have been playing live for years. She did a CD with Michael Schenker. I have a few different keyboards and sequencers. The keys are Roland XP-80 and Korg Trillagy. Sequencer is Roland MV 30 and a sound canvas MIDI player. Also own Kurzweil, Yamaha, EMU rack keys. 2 TD7 drum kits. Mesa Boogie Triaxis, Marshall JMP1 etc preamps for guitar. I want to purchase tunes ranging from Michael Jackson to Areosmith to wave band dance stuff. Whatever to get people out dancing. Any ideas?
March 15, 2013 @04:29pm
bonitapo

I am looking for high quality MIDI files to do a live band type situation. Any ideas?

How about arrangement keyboards? Yamaha's PSR series had lots of music styles. (I still have the arrangement floppies for my first "real" keyboard, Korg i4S.)
Have you considered getting into arranging your own, then incorporating your work via laptop at the gigs?
Have you searched online to figure out who's selling MIDI accompaniment?
As for ideas about what kind of music and specific songs that would get people on the floor, your performing experience should give you a sense of that. What would get your friends or family on the floor? Trust your instinct. And if it turns out not to get the house rocking, then start asking around: "What works for you?" Heck, even read the trades.
Bottom line: You have some work to do! So, maybe you can use the opportunity to discover new musical and production-end talents.
March 23, 2013 @07:49pm
Leandrusi

I do custom made backing tracks for singers and instrument players.
If you want the midi track to sound pro youre gonna have a hard time searching on the net, almost every midi available sounds flat and without any dymanics or swing.
I could make a couple tracks for you guys, PM me if youre interested.
March 29, 2013 @02:50am
TimmyP1955

Use Reaper or Ableton Live for "real" tracks.
March 30, 2013 @11:27am