0% Interest for 48 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Live Sound - 2 days left

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Help with improvement in sound setup

stf5060

Hey guys I am looking for some more knowledgeable advice for my setup at my college apartment. We just use our setup for parties and stuff so we like it really loud. Right now my setup is pretty mismatched together. I am using an old Fischer CA880 amplifier to power everything. I just picked up a pair of Yorkville PR315s and I have some no name brand speakers with 15" subs and some small tweeters on them. My question is should I spend the money and get a new amplifier? Can they handle more wattage? Or should I wait and just save up for better quality speakers?
January 13, 2013 @06:38pm
Analogasaur

Hey STF . If you buy anything, make sure that its a brand name piece of equipment. If you start out buying off brand gear you will never be able to get rid of it a year from now. There is mountains of the right gear out there. Used-- Others are moving up. They want to sell their gear. You have to look at how big of a room are you trying to fill. How many people show up. Home stereo gear does not cut it when you need a sound reinforcement system. Rather than spending a bundle on a purchase, what about renting? Every garage band in town would be happy to rent their system when it is sitting still. Taking a chance on blowing up what you own now can be expensive and painful. Frat party. I have done a few. You are right. They like it loud. Outdoors? Oh boy look out.
January 14, 2013 @05:26pm