0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Mixer can't "hear" keyboard. Can't seem to get sound from my keyboard to mixer!!

radman2020

I have a Privia 330 keyboard that seems to work well. I have a Behringer UB2442fx-Pro that also works well.
When I plug the keyboard into the Mixer with a 1/4 inch jack, I get no sound. If I plug the wire directly into a speaker it is fine. If I plug a guitar into the same input, it works fine... so I know it isn't a wire issue or an issue with either piece of equipment. I tried stereo and mono jacks. I even tried using the headphone out.. same issue.
If I plug into the aux return, it works fine... but that isn't where it should go.
This is driving me nuts. Does anyone have any idea? I am guessing there is some impedence mismatch... but this mixer should account for that I thought.
Please advise.
October 5, 2012 @06:15pm
DJ Davis

Use the L/mono out of the keyboard which should be 1/4" into a passive DI box then xlr out of the DI into one of the channel preamps on the mixer. Thats how we usually hook up a keyboard.
October 5, 2012 @09:37pm
radman2020

Thanks for the advice. I did try that without luck...
October 5, 2012 @09:55pm
TimmyP1955

Are you sure that you are using the left out, not the left in? And that the volume control is up? If so, the unit may be defective.
January 22, 2013 @02:37am