rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Richie Stoneham - Hit In The Head

Richie Stoneham

Here's a completed song using only FlStudio8 Fruity Edition while further editing was done with Audacity...I really like the way it came out and it's a quick and punchy beat. Any feedback would be appreciated, and I enjoy criticism from time to time. Enjoy! [ATTACH]1376[/ATTACH]
February 18, 2012 @11:56pm
ailaandcompany

Hi, this is really one good music. I am wondering if you give tutorials on how to use Audacity. I heard your music file and it is really amazing. I want to edit most of my songs like yours. Well, we share the same beat and I think it will be very easy. I am willing to pay in case you have any professional fee on the tutorial. Also, what time are you available? I hope that you are not too busy to help me out. Thank you.
Maserati
Beauty Courses
February 29, 2012 @09:19am
dogears

I like the quick beat as well, what instruments did you use to make the original recording? Did you use a mic to do the recording or was it all done digitally through the computer?
March 19, 2012 @10:52pm
Richie Stoneham

sorry i took so long to reply....I'm definitely nothing close to a teacher. I only know the basics of FLstudio and with Audacity I do lots of cut and paste editing, and I learn a new trick now and then...With this one I used a high and low pass filter for the bass track, because it came out of FLstudio very bulky and it smothered the rest of the music. That is a tool i'll probably be using more and more..In this case I used the default settings on both. I also convert many stereo tracks that come out of FLstudio into mono before working with them (personal preference for the time being) and as a final result I create a stereo track. I don't recommend just tossing the final mix into a stereo track, because it can sound boxy. I like to take the final track, and duplicate it into 2 clone mono tracks, and individually make them left and right audio tracks. The final result of that is 1 stereo track. So as far as being a teacher, definitely not, but if you have a specific question i may be able to give a little insight, although you can pretty much google anything and get the basics :-) also thanks for enjoying the song* (furthermore, there are many very talented moderators in this forum, they are all very knowledgable)
March 26, 2012 @12:44pm
Richie Stoneham

dogears, all of the instruments came out of FLstudio8, and I just made a few small adjustments to most of them. As far as instruments I used a string bass, an electric guitar, a triangle (transposed with audacity for depth,) one other instrument, and non-default drums.
March 26, 2012 @12:50pm
SarasMusic

Richie - I have to say I love your song! I'm just now looking into FLstudio8 right now because I want to start composing on my own. I still can't believe that all those instruments are digital. Your song really made me even more pumped about FLstudio8. Too bad you don't consider yourself a teacher. You really are a master! Maybe we could all push and get your song on top100songsnow.com. Could you imagine how incredible that would be!
Thanks again!
- Sara
October 23, 2012 @06:18pm
Richie Stoneham

much appreciated Sara, your words are too kind ;) I'm very glad the song gave you inspiration. I've been trying to find more like that one to bring out the kid in people. Hopefully in a month or so I'll have some of my new ones posted on here also..
good luck with FLStudio!
~Richie
November 30, 2012 @05:07pm