0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Wireless way to extend speakers?

thesun

I'm wondering if anyone knows if there's a way to wirelessly extend my computer speakers (or could be any speakers, not just for a computer). In my case, all my music is on my computer and any radio I listen to is via streaming online, but I'd like to have an easy way to add speakers to other parts of the house so that I don't have to turn up the volume to deafening just to be able to listen to music while I'm washing dishes.
I don't want to string wires all over the house either. And just a normal radio never worked because I'm in an spot with tons of trees and generally bad reception. It seems like there should be a small device that plugs into a 3.5 stereo headphone/speaker jack and turns it into a wireless signal that then gets picked up across the room by the speakers.
Anyone know or have suggestions?
Thank you!
December 10, 2011 @10:18pm
JeffBarnett

Two suggestions - both suitable for listening to music but not for any sort of professional application:
EMU Pipeline
Apple Airport Express (Also works as a WiFi router and WiFi network extender)
I want to say Logitech makes something like this, too.
December 12, 2011 @02:21pm
VK_Electronic

maybe try this
connect low-power [cheap] FM transmitter to your PC
use a FM radio to pick-up the sound from anywhere in the house
January 27, 2013 @12:56am