rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

hoping to run 2 laptops together as a dual screen

davthewave

hi all!
hope someone can help me with this idea/problem i have.
i have 2 laptops, 1 an old(5 years) Toshiba(XP) and a new Sony FW21M running windows 7.
i have Cubase 4 and i'm just starting to get used to it.
i have read many posts on using 2 monitors with Cubase and indeed i have tried this with my Sony laptop and my TV, which is a 42" Toshiba Regza.
this works so well i now either want to buy a new monitor so that i can use this in my bedroom/studio with my Sony Laptop, or is there a way to join my 2 laptops together so that i can have the same effect as having 2 monitors together.
any and all help will be much appriecated.
thanks.
January 13, 2010 @04:20pm
kope

There is no way for that, but you can use another laptop like sampler or similar. Check V-stack plugin from Steinberg. http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/musicproduction/v_stack_product.html
January 13, 2010 @04:43pm
130dB

Nope. There is no way to input the video into the other laptop.
Your only option is to connect a separate CRT or LCD monitor to the external video out on the laptop to have dual monitors.
January 13, 2010 @11:15pm
sabianq

hi, im gonna go aginst the general consenus and say>>>
YES,, you can>>.
:)
only you need some third party software to help you with this task..
http://www.codejacked.com/quick-tip-dual-monitors-try-dual-computers/
Synergy links multiple computers (even with different operating systems) to one keyboard and mouse. To switch monitors, you simply direct your cursor off the side of one screen and onto the other. Synergy works across the systems via TCP/IP networking, so there’s no special KVM hardware to buy or install. Synergy will also allow you to cut and paste between the systems, and it synchronizes screen savers and screen locking to kick in on all your computers at the same time.
Oh, and if your systems are already dual-monitor, then Synergy will turn you into a quad-monitor computing fool!

also try googling "dual computers"
I have been using dual computers for some time now>
i use windows XP professional and Windows 2003 server edition..
(i dont know if this tool that i listed supports windows 7 but it might be worth it to do some research on the topic)
hope this helps
Cheers!
January 14, 2010 @12:41am
kope

Nope - is a Remote Desktop Connection principle. He needs two monitors to act like one – not two comps.
January 14, 2010 @06:44am