We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Please help identify this converter or rack gear !

TheViberator

hey ppl I'm a bit of a noob here and have a quick question for anyone who might know. This photo was taken at a studio and I'm wondering if anyone can identify it. The person using it said it was being used by the drummer. I'm assuming that it's an A/D D/A converter? Looks like a 5-channel ?? Thanks.. here's the photo:
November 16, 2008 @12:00am
itsplayed

Welcome to the forums,
It looks more like a compressor/limiter to me.
November 16, 2008 @12:58am
TheViberator

Hi, I kinda thought it might be something else too, almost looks like a 5-channel In/Out but then I just noticed the LED light order above the knobs make it look more like some type of 2-channel unit. Any guess on the brand? Thanks for the response.
November 16, 2008 @01:14am
TheViberator

Here's a second photo. The logo on the left of the unit looks a bit clearer. Notice there's also what appears to be a heat vent in the center of the unit. Possibly for a tube? Still can't seem to make out the logo but it looks to me like a two word name. I've tried every possible name I could find on sites that have Compressor/Limiter and A/D racks for sale..
November 16, 2008 @03:21am
ecc83

F, fecks sake!
I have SEEN that D section before! Arggg! (don't get old!).
Try www.soundonsound.com forum. I reckon that might just be Limey kit.
My guess is comp/FX as well, too many knobs for a converter?
Dave.
November 16, 2008 @10:17am
TheViberator

Thought I'd just do a quick update on this post I made like 5 years ago.. lol :p
The unit in question wasn't actually a rack mount, it's a faceplate made by Funk Logic ! It WAS in fact a compressor though, two of them to be exact. The faceplate fits two RNC-1773 half racks.
Kinda weird, but interesting. Makes sense to me. Too bad they don't make one for my two Bellari half rack units though. :(
November 1, 2013 @11:12am
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!