0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Error: Select waves vocal plug-in folder

bvalkenb

Hello,
I have actually seen this question on other sites, although none of the responses seemed to fix my problem. I thought, why not give the people at audioforums a shot? So any info you might have would be really appreciated.
I have protools LE 7.4 and the waves diamond and mercury bundles. When I initially launch protools I get a message, "Select Vocals Waves Plugin Folder".
I have tried to select the folder.
Computer>Programs> Waves> Plug-In's>
Nothing seems to work. It just keeps asking the same question, Select the vocals waves plugin folder. Is this the right path to reaching the waves vocal plugin folder? Any advice? Thanks a lot. Bo.
October 23, 2008 @02:01am
Waves

Dear bvalkenb,
Please go to HD > Users > Home User > Library > Preferences and trash the Waves Preferences folder.
Next, launch Pro Tools. You will once more be prompted to locate the Plug-ins folder. Make sure to single-click the Waves Plug-ins folder and then hit Choose.
October 23, 2008 @05:35pm
bvalkenb

I go to the hard drive> Users> home user> then "Library?"
here are my options:
contacts, desktop, documents, downloads, favorites, links, music, pictures, saved games, searches and videos.
I don't see the library folder.
I am running Vista on a PC.
October 24, 2008 @06:16am
Waves

Sorry, I thought that you were on a Mac.
Go to C:\Documents and settings\username\Application data\waves audio and delete the preferences folder.
Next, launch Pro Tools and select the C:\Program Files\Waves\Waves Plug-ins folder when prompted.
October 26, 2008 @11:50am
bvalkenb

What am I missing?
I go to C:\ Documents\ and the folder is empty. I don't see a folder labeled documents And settings only "documents." In there I find nothing.
I go to C:\ username\ and there is no application data folder.
Thanks for your support!
October 27, 2008 @06:54am
Waves

bvalkenb,
Please contact the Waves Tech support at (00 1) 865 909 9200 x1
as it might be easier to resolve this issue over the phone.
October 27, 2008 @08:09am
toustab

Just upgraded to v6r4 and can't use any of the plug-ins! I've looked all over the web and in support forums and nobody has an answer that works. I've tried all the steps described here and then some but still nothing.
I'm not ready to spend over $100 to renew my Waves update plan if software "updates" like this one are going to cause this much grief every time.
Waves Support are you listening? Please help!
February 28, 2009 @10:08pm
Waves

We are definitely listening and we give far better answers when we have all the information that we need.
Calling us would save you a lot of time and frustration. The number is posted above.
March 2, 2009 @09:25am
toustab

hi, thanks for the prompt response. Though I've only interfaced with Waves support once before -- 3 yrs ago for something relatively simple -- I hear that you are generally quite helpful and responsive, which is a big plus.
I've managed to start a thread with one of your techs and I'm awaiting feedback. I'll wait a couple of days and if I don't hear back, I'll call in.
Thank you again for the prompt response.
March 2, 2009 @03:44pm
SKIPofWELOOSE

I got this error with a hacked version of Waves...I was testing it before buying. It might just be the crack isn't working anymore.
Hello,
I have actually seen this question on other sites, although none of the responses seemed to fix my problem. I thought, why not give the people at audioforums a shot? So any info you might have would be really appreciated.
I have protools LE 7.4 and the waves diamond and mercury bundles. When I initially launch protools I get a message, "Select Vocals Waves Plugin Folder".
I have tried to select the folder.
Computer>Programs> Waves> Plug-In's>
Nothing seems to work. It just keeps asking the same question, Select the vocals waves plugin folder. Is this the right path to reaching the waves vocal plugin folder? Any advice? Thanks a lot. Bo.
March 25, 2009 @06:54pm
polo_82

sorry for my english, i have the same problem and i noted that when pro tools prompt the dialog windows that says the message "select waves vocal bundle folder", the pro tools system is trying to load a file called " Vocal_WavesShell-DAE 1.0.dpm". So, i search that file on the system and it´s located in the plug in folder " c:\programs files\common files\digidesign\DAE\plug-ins\", i select that folder but doesn´t seem to work.
any help ?
running dual amd64, 3gb RAM, windows 7 x64 ultimate
PD: pro tools works fine thought (pro-tools v8.0.3 cs2)
June 3, 2010 @07:11am
tofucowboy

@ Waves Tech Support: I followed the steps, deleted waves \preferences folder, loaded pro tools, and chose c:\programfiles\waves\plug-ins as the folder. It did not do anything and when i went back it seemed to reload the preferences folder. Please post the solution so people having the same problem can quickly find the answer as opposed to sitting on the phone. Thank you.
August 13, 2010 @05:37am
polo_82

im sorry, what steps ?, what its the solution ?
August 13, 2010 @05:45am
tofucowboy

BTW I am running pro tools 8 on windows xp 32-bit.
August 14, 2010 @12:36am
hardygrimes

Hi,
I had the same messages and got rid of them. I'm running PT8 LE on a Windows 7 Box.
First I deleted the following two files
C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Vocal_WaveShell-DAE 1.0.dpm
C:\Program Files(X86)\Common Files\Digidesign\DAE\Vocal_WaveShell-DAE 1.0.rsr
Then I deleted all of the contents in this folder... (don't delete the folder itself)
c:\Users\[my username]\AppData\Roaming\Waves Audio\Preferences
The next time I loaded ProTools it took me through the DAE preference questions again for
each of the Waveshells but it didn't ask for the Vocal Bundle Plug-Ins folder. The second
time I loaded Pro Tools, the messages were gone all together.
Now I'm having a separate issue. I can't save the presets in any of the Waves
Plug-Ins like REQ. I'll work on that and post my findings. If any of you have
encountered this error, please let me know.
Also, for any PT LE 8 users who haven't upgraded to 8.04, I'd highly suggest you do so.
It corrected all of my audio issues and corrected many of the latency and buffer issues
with prior releases. The link is here ...
http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/selfservice/search.jsp?DocId=364971&cmpid=AV-EM-PT8-1
Thanks,
HardyGrimes.com
September 8, 2010 @08:54pm