0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Can I use a USB Condensor Microphone with Pro Tools

trojanman547

Hello, I am running Pro Tools M-Powered on a Macbook Pro. I use an M-Audio MobilePre USB interface for my normal recording. Before I ever had Pro Tools I bought a USB Samson C01U Studio Condensor Microphone. This microphone is a USB microphone so it doesn't need an interface. I was wondering if there was any way I could use this microphone in pro tools. Thanks for your help.
May 20, 2008 @03:12am
howie15

I don't think so. Pro Tools requires the interface to be attached to start. Even if you plugged the mic in another USB, all my training and experience would lead me to believe that it wouldn't show up in your input list. Unless M-Powered is WAY different, but everything I've read about it doesn't suggest so.
Howie J
May 20, 2008 @04:47am
TechKnowledgy

Definitely not; you can't use the USB mic. Pro Tools M-Powered will only receive input from a supported M-Audio device.
May 20, 2008 @02:50pm
tech1

You can, however, use a different program to record, and then import the audio into Po rtools for editing. This guide might help explain USB mics a bit better: http://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/techlib/support/USB_Microphone_Guide.pdf
May 20, 2008 @02:53pm