0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
NAMM Happening Now

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

M-Audio fast track pro latency problem!

Screamer

I've got latency problem it's about 325 ms on ASIO DirectX Full Duplex Driver. I use nuendo 3 & i'm trying to make latency low and when i go to device > device setup >VST Audiobay > Master ASIO Driver & then when i choose M-Audio USB ASIO it doesn't alow & gives this message:
The ASIO sample rate is not supported by one of the USB interfaces!
Please check your sync settings in the Control Panel.
& then this one:
Audio Engine Error: Could not activate ASIO Driver M-Audio USB ASIO.
what's the problem? what shall I do?
April 24, 2008 @07:31pm
Reegs

what sample rate are you running in nuendo?
April 25, 2008 @02:55am
Screamer

Where have i look for it?
April 25, 2008 @05:21am
Screamer

i found it, the sample rate is 44100.
so? any tips?
April 26, 2008 @06:08am
itsplayed

Try reinstalling the device.....follow the manual on the uninstall/reinstall procedure.
April 26, 2008 @02:51pm
Screamer

did it many times but didn't help!
April 26, 2008 @07:52pm
TechKnowledgy

You need to be able to us the M-Audio USB ASIO driver. If you go to the Windows Control Panel>Sounds & Audio Devices>Audio Tab and if the Fast Track Pro is the default playback device, change it to your built in sound card.
Then go to the hardware tab, double click the Fast Track Pro, on the properties tab, double click it again under audio devices, place a check in the box "do not map through this device".
Then try choosing the M-Audio ASIO driver.
April 28, 2008 @04:25pm
Screamer

I have chosen M-Audio ASIO Driver but the latency is about 5.306 ms, isn't it still too much?
...& another question! I wanna record my guitar via Line 6 PODxt, i mean its USB, but when i choose M-Audio ASIO Driver, i can't use Line6 input anymore!! should i every time change the Drivers?!
May 2, 2008 @10:20am
TechKnowledgy

5.3ms is really low latency; on average, people can't detect anything below 15ms, so you should be sitting pretty. You can lower the buffer for the Fast Track Pro from its control panel to lower the latency even further, but it's going to increase the amount of processing required by your CPU. Also, you'll need to make that adjustment before launching Cubase.
With ASIO drivers you can only use 1 audio device; so you either have to switch the drivers, or connect the line output of the Pod to the Fast Track Pro.
May 2, 2008 @02:21pm
Screamer

OK but when I hit a key on the keyboard (connected by midi) the sound comes after about 0.5 second! I think it shouldn't be that much, right?
There's just an option to change the level from control panel of Fast Track Pro and it's on 128 (the lowest one) & the highest one is 4096. Is that the buffer?
May 2, 2008 @07:53pm
TechKnowledgy

.5 seconds = 500ms, that's really high. What is the buffer set to? 128-4096 is the buffer; at 128 or 256 I wouldn't think there would be any noticable delay. What instrument are you triggering?
May 3, 2008 @03:52pm
Screamer

the buffer is at 128 & the instrument is yamaha psr-730
May 3, 2008 @04:05pm
Pjsulli2k

Hey, I had this problem and I searched for it and found this forum. So I got the latency down to 5.0, but since I switched from the other driver, I don't have any outputs. MUST I USE the outputs on the device or can I use the outputs on the builtin soundcard on my computer? I couldn't figure out how to do it cubase. Thanks
October 4, 2008 @01:58am
salvador

Hello guys,
Yesterday i was installing my new gast track pro, using Ableton live 8...
Fisrt tried with the provided cd driver, but it worked weird. It had lots of gain always clipping, even with the lowest gain and Pad activated (using condenser mic, phantom on, no extra preamp), and also introduced lots of noise and the delay wasn't good (around 40 or 50 ms total). I decided to uninstall and download website's driver.
Now this is better, the level seems ok, and there's no noticeable noise. Another improvement was with the bits, in ASIO is showing to work with 32 bits by default rather than 16 as before.
The delay is better, around 22.6. I'm not happy with that thou. This is 11.3 delay input and 11.3 output.
I'm working at 48000Hz sample rate, 2 buffers and the buffer size it's at maximum according the ASIO application. BUT here's my confusion. When trying to modify preferences in an audio track in Ableton, shows buffer size of 512... so, why is it different thatn the set in ASIO ? furthermore... that value in ABleton cannot be modified at all.
my question is, How can i manage to have around 5ms delay as the other posts are saying?
and my only suggestion for someone trying for first a Fast track Pro is: install the driver directly from the webpage, forget about the provided CD.
thank you all.
December 21, 2010 @08:55pm