0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale! Ends Today

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

What piece of gear do you still lust over, and why? (06-22-01)

SweetwaterSound

What piece of gear do you think would really make the difference in your existing studio set-up, the gear where you think: "if I had that, then I would be able to. . ."
July 6, 2001 @02:48pm
Unregistered

I would like to have a pice of gear that will finalize my mix, converting it to 44.1 for cd burning, and making it as loud as commercial cd's.
will the Alesis MasterLink do this?
July 6, 2001 @03:10pm
Unregistered

Pro-Tools Mix Plus 24 and the Focusright/Protools Control Surface.
If I could just get my hands on those things....hits would follow!!
http://www.brokenrecords.com/studio
July 6, 2001 @03:10pm
Unregistered

I'd like to have a Mac Titanium Powerbook with 8 or more analog inputs, studio software, effects, and the ability to easily burn a CD. Basically, everything in one small package that I can take anywhere and listen in earphones, built in speakers, or feed to a PA as a one to four man band. Christmas is a long ways off.
July 6, 2001 @03:11pm
Unregistered

I am saving my nickles and dimes for an Event Electronics EZ-Bus, because then I can multitrack 16 audio tracks to my Digi001/Athlon 800 based DAW, and I can use it as a control surface.
Unregistered

I think a headphone distribution system is likely the next most important component for my setup. Right now I tend to do alot of overdubbing, and a better headphone setup would be great. I'd particularly love it if this could be done with a minimum of wires - wireless might be great.
Unregistered

An SSL 9000-series console. Or an Amek 9098i. Coming down from half-million dollar items, a Neumann U87 or Manley VoxBox would be really nice additions (though the TLM193 and Langevin Dual Vocal Combo are working very very well).
Unregistered

The biggest grand piano known to man and someone to tune it, and maybe move it from time to time. With midi-out.
Unregistered

This changes every time I go gear shopping, of course, but this month, it's the Yamaha 01v mixer. If I had that, I would not only have another 24 channels of mixing, I'd have a mixer to use for live sound reinforcement (the one I've got is really lame), and something that can manipulate every parameter on my PCI Yamaha DS2416 mixing card. =) I'm already using Cubase VST to automate my mixing with that card, but if I had a hardware interface to record tweaks with, it would make me very happy.. nobody likes mixing with a mouse.
July 6, 2001 @03:12pm
Unregistered

Well considering I don't have much of a set up (I hate budgets, bills and a crappy paying job! I'm sure some of you out there feel me on that) my dream pieces are the Wardolf MicrowaveXT (the 30 outs addition) and the MPC2000XL with the effects board. The Microwave because of unique sounds and the fact that it's just SO tweakable, I love it! The MPC because it's what every computer based sequencer/sampler should be in a box! Those two would make me VERY happy. But as of right now, all I can do is drewl while I save up for one of the 2. ^_^
Unregistered

After a great pair of ears, (thank goodness I have them) the next piece of gear would be committed band members who all share the same p***ion and vision for music as myself. Sorry Sweetwater, you can`t fix me up here. Get me this and we`ll make incredible music to better the world as we know it. Peace all!
Unregistered

The "Titanium G4 Powerbook/MOTU Digital Performer Software / MOTU 828 Interface" Package is the coolest thing I have seen in a long time. To be able to record top quality tracks and carry it all under your arm when you're finished is hip. I would love to get ahold of this system. Hopefully by Christmas of this year. (You know you could throw in an Alesis Masterlink and a couple of Mackie 828's as well...and maybe a Unity DS-1 Software Sampler...)
I wish I could have bought my girlfriend from you guys...then I would've at least had a warranty.
Unregistered

MPC2000XL I am all about computer aided sound i work on many computers with sound enhancement utilities at my place of work and this by far is the best though i haven't had lots of time to use it since it was just installed but it looks like it would be perfect for my home recording studio www.sectionalrecords.8m.com very unupdated i am trying to remedy that but it tells my ideas
Unregistered

Roland V-Drums! Man, I'd love to be able to practice on these anytime of day or night with headphones and be able to quickly dial-in whatever drum or percussion sound I'm looking for. I'd also love to have a Yamaha 02R or Mackie Digital 8 bus for the automation features. I tend to work spontaneously on numerous songs at once so having a great digital console with snapshots & fader automation would save me the frustrating time spent on redialing-in mixes. A pair of Mackie HR824s, a Neuman U87 would also be awesome. For the road, I'd love to be able to play with my mixes on a Titanium G4 Powerbook with MOTU 828 Interface!
Unregistered

Aside from some 25' high ceilings and dead quiet air conditioning, I wouldn't mind a nice U-47, some Telefunken pres (or maybe a Manley Voxbox) and someone who loves soldering enough to connect all my gear to my new TT patchbay.