0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

how to convert .ses to .mp3?

nicks10

i needed help in this one...please answer it directly...because my schoolmates were asking me to burn what they've already edited at Adobe Audition..but the file is '.SES' and cannot burn it to the cd...the cd is needed immediately and dont know what to do...
December 19, 2007 @01:27pm
robertruetz

A .ses file is a multi-track session file for Cool Edit. You need to open that file in the Multi-track editor, and then mix everything down to a wav file for burning. Unfortunately, you'll need more than just the .ses file, since it most likely references audio files. The session file is basically a bunch of numbers that tell the multi-track engine where to find the audio files and what order/time to play them in/at, along with keeping track of all the FX and envelope automation settings.
Good Luck!
Le_Singe
December 19, 2007 @02:01pm
GZsound

Rob is correct. The .ses extension is an Audition file that only contains information regarding a session.. Where the files are, what effects were applied, pan envelopes, volume envelopes, etc. and not any audio data at all.
It is like you are trying to burn a .doc Word file to an audio CD. Not gonna happen.
You must, as Rob says, have the audio files in the location saved in the .ses file, you must open them in Audition and create a stereo mixdown of the .ses files. You must then make sure they are converted to 16 bit 44.1K files so you can burn them to a CD.
December 19, 2007 @05:43pm
AndyH

The audio is in wav files. To write to an audio CD, it should remain in wav format. Stay away from mp3.
December 19, 2007 @07:00pm
GZsound

The audio is in wav files. To write to an audio CD, it should remain in wav format. Stay away from mp3.

Correct, however, the .ses files are not audio data. And the session itself may contain files that are not ready to be written to a CD.
For example, all my sessions in Adobe Audition are done at 48K 32 bit float and must be converted to 44.1K 16 bit after mixdown in order to be burned to CD.
The OP problem is that he has just the .ses file and no audio files at all, as far as we know.
December 20, 2007 @06:50am
nicks10

thanks for the tips...really appreciated it...^^
December 20, 2007 @01:01pm
87PRS

nicks10...you need to get the mix down to CD view window to create the CD. Open up the multi track session, then under file, go to "export" click mix down session, this opens a window to save mix and send to CD view, explains the rest .
January 9, 2008 @11:33am