0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Ableton Live 6 / Presonus Firestudio Issue

drumsgoboom

I'm using Ableton Live 6.0.1 with a Firestudio and have an issue with routing audio. When I goto audio options in Live to configure available inputs/outputs, whenever I select an input or output then click Ok Live just crashes and have to reboot PC. By default, inputs 1 & 2 are selected for input and output, but I try to select anything else Live crashes.
I've been using Live for years, never had this problem with any other card, SB Live, Audigy, M-Audio Fastrack Pro & Fastrack USB, and FirePod. But this Firestudio card doesn't seem to like Live for some reason.
I've tested all inputs on the card using the Firestudio control pannel and it seems to work fine in there. I've tried this on 2 computers, same issue.
Main PC:
Abit Nforce NF7-S
1GB Dual Channel RAM
200GB HD SATA
AMD Athalon XP 2800+
Presonus Firestudio
1394 Chipset Texas Instruments
February 16, 2007 @12:41am
guanche

Did you try with the firestudio together with a previous version of live?
I was just imaging...
February 16, 2007 @08:11am
tech1

Live is currently on 6.0.5, and the FireStudio on driver 1.0.98. Get both of these then try again.
February 16, 2007 @12:47pm
drumsgoboom

No luck with the Firestudio, just didn't work out. I tried on 3 different machines.
I ended up taking it back and getting a Saphire Pro 26 I/O instead, and man am I happy with this card so far! Installed no problem on 2 of my machines, 1 of them is giving me glitches but it's my least powerful PC so I'm not too concerned but it works great on the others. I've done 1 recording session so far just to put in the water to see how well it can swim (figuratively speaking of course) and it's been great. So far, so good.
February 20, 2007 @03:11am