0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

changing speed (Cool Edit Pro 2.0)

candlemass

I just want to speed up a song without changing the pitch. I'v Recorded song, and it is great. But too long, and too slow. Please don't tell me I'v got to do it over...Oh god! i'v got to do it over don't I?
July 20, 2006 @10:39pm
AndyH

Transform:Time/Pitch:Stretch
There are presets to use as your starting point.
July 20, 2006 @11:38pm
robertruetz

Andy is right, there are three check boxes in the Time/Pitch:Stretch window that allow you to decide how it will stretch (by changing pitch, by changing speed or both). It also tells you which will affect the pitch of the song. Please note that if you just adjust by speed, you're going to get some artifacts depending upon how much you stretch it.
Le_Singe
July 21, 2006 @12:40pm
GZsound

What I suggest is to copy and paste a portion of the song to another file and play with that portion until you get the correct speed.. It's faster then doing the whole song and then undoing it if it's not quite correct.
I just had the same problem in transferring some ADAT recordings to my computer. For some reason the clock got confused by my MOTU interface and they recorded two songs 8.55% too fast.
That number took me about a half an hour to find since there is no real time preview of how the track will sound. So.. slow it down..see if the key is correct..undo...slow it down..see if the key is correct...undo.. Aarrgh..
July 26, 2006 @03:36am
Sepilok

I have exactly the same problems with using my own samples,because I don't seem to find VST sampler that has time streching included.Funny thing is that basic sampler in FL studio has it,but when I try to rewire it to Cubase SX it opens a 16 track locked on channels...grrrrr
September 11, 2006 @05:48pm