0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Tuning Temperements

todonnel

I am in search of a synth that is both flexible in the available Tuning temperements and allows for programmability within the temperements (i.e., A440 = A415 or starting pitch of scale is selectable). Additionally, the synth should be relatively easy to program and change between temperements.
Thanks,
Timothy O'Donnell
Music Library Computing Manager
Indiana University
September 27, 2001 @04:50pm
Henrius

My Roland JV-1000 allowed dialing in temperaments via cents deviation from meantime, if you had the temperament table in the octave.
Perhaps other newer Rolands allow this feature as well.
My Kurzweil K-2500 has preset temperaments only (Just, Meantone, and about 5 others.) I don't think there is a way to dial in custom temperaments.
September 30, 2001 @07:57pm
Microtonal

Try my Microtonal Synthesis website for information on all synthesizers with microtonal capability:
http://home.att.net/~microtonal
John Loffink
microtonal@worldnet.att.net
October 1, 2001 @12:02am
blacko3788

What the heck language are you people talking about? can't anyone just play a piano or organ anymore...LOL...You guys sound like Mr. Spock talking with Scottie from the main bridge.
October 1, 2001 @12:26pm