rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

fix up the sound for my headphones!

Erdrick

I am using some Sennheiser HD 280 Pro headphones. I use them to play roms, watch video, and listen to music on my computer. I am currently using my Asus P4P800E-Deluxe motherboard's headphone-in to get my output. Unfortunately, I am getting some annoying feeback (maybe EMI>?) constantly. It is not terrible, but the headphones unfortunately make it very noticeable. I want to upgrade to a PCI soundcard in order to hopefully alleviate my problems.
I have been eyeing the Audigy 2 ZS, but it seems kind of expensive at just under $70. I am also planning on switching to a laptop (so I WILL be getting the Audigy 2 ZS notebook version in the future) in the next couple months. Thus, if I could get by on a cheap soundcard (that will still fix the feedback sound), then that would be the best-case scenario. Does anyone have reccomendations for which soundcards are good and cheap? On a final note, I spread my time as follows: ROMs -- 70%, music -- 10%, video 20%.
October 23, 2005 @05:53am