0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 4

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

PLEASE I need KURZWEIL help DESPERATELY!!!

tdm71

I purchased a K2000RS off ebay with the DB, Orch and Contem rom installed. It was described as EXCELLENT but it has been far from that. I had/have a new K2vpr that I bought brand new a few years back (it is mint) and I was hoping to replace it with my newly acquired loaded k2 or to just swap out the boards and install them in my VPR. However, that is just where my problems begin!!!
Problem 1:
Is there any reason why when I remove the daughterboard with both roms installed from my ebay k2 and install it in my VPR, it will not recognize any of the banks or patches but in my eaby purchase it works and plays fine????I
I have run a diagnostics test and everything passes??? Why would this happen. Everything is installed as it should be (just ciip the DB into the engine board and screw it down right???).
To make the situation stranger, the ebay K2 that came with the roms still plays the patches from the roms even when they are removed???? Am I losing my mind?????
If I can just use the DB with the roms in my VPR I will not feel too bad but now I have two unit that don't seem to want to agree with one another at all. I want the ROMS in my VPR cause I don't trust this other unit at all!!!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY FEEDBACK
Rob
April 12, 2003 @09:22pm
DAS

The setup chips for units with ROMS installed are different than with no ROMS. More specicically, each configuration requires its own, unique set of setup chips. In your keyboard these are located next to the OS chips behind the display. Swap those with the similar chips from the rack and you should be okay.
April 14, 2003 @04:32pm