0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
#WinYourWestones

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

k2000 and scsi HDD

project

Hello. This is my first post here.
I've got 2 scsi cdroms and a 1gig scsi HDD that I wanted to hook up to my K2. I've been trying this for some time now with no luck in sight. I fou9nd a couple of online tuts on it but nothing seemed to help.
Anyone here think they can point something out or in the right direction?
April 8, 2003 @02:00am
DAS

There are numerous issues with getting multiple SCSI devices working with K2's. Try typing some key words into the Knowledge Base in our SweetCare section. There's a bunch of stuff about this in there.
http://www.sweetwater.com/support/home.php
April 9, 2003 @01:15pm
project

ok im trying one cd rom and one harddrive and this is the results i get.
they both show up on the k2000 but when i try to load the cdrom i get a message that says "Problem mounting disk" and when i load the hdd it sits on "please wait.." forever and nothing happens.
I've searched hi and low (even mailing lists dating back to '95) and cannot find a solution to either of my problems.
Oh and if i disconnect one or the other nothing changes.
EDIT: also on the diskmode section where the hdd showes up on SCSI01 it says below it "Direct Access, Asleep". Does this mean anything/.?
April 10, 2003 @04:41am
DAS

There are many mechanisms out there that are not compatible with the Kurzweil. This could be your problem. The asleep thing is an issue, and it is related, but I don't remember how anymore. If you bought the stuff from us call our Tech Support. They'll know the answers. If not, call Kurzweil's Tech Support.
April 10, 2003 @04:40pm