0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
February Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

DP3 and Yamaha Motif?

DailyGrind

I've noticed that the Yamaha Motif is capable of remote controlling Logic, Cubase and Cakewalk but not Digital Performer.
I asked the clinician at the Motif clinic if support for DP was in the works and his response was that Yamaha met with MOTU at NAMM and it turns out that DP uses some proprietary controller scheme, unlike Logic/Cubase/Cakewalk, so the Motif can't control it (pointing the finger at MOTU). From the looks of the Radikal thread, it would be possible to create a controller profile for the Motif and then I'd be able to use the track select and transport controls of the Motif instead of my keyboard to control DP. Is this correct? I'm also currently using DP 2.4 so I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know whether controller profiles were available in 2.4 since I don't recall running across this feature yet although I haven't dug too deep...
Thanks!
September 3, 2001 @08:49am