0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

MPC 4000

MediaMaster

I recently saw the new Akai MPC 4000 and was wondering if anyone has had the chance to use it yet. I LOVE my MPC 2000 and could use a good excuse to buy the 4000 if its worth it.
February 19, 2002 @02:03am
cornflakeofdeath

Official release is supposed to be march. At least thats what Akai says
February 20, 2002 @01:45am
fyfe

I've just purchased an Akai MPC 4000 and and to my utter disbelief Akai have yet again released a machine to the unsuspecting public before the OS has been sorted out. After the S6000 debacle-it took Akai nearly a year to get that OS sorted out-I took it forgranted Akai would have learned their lesson, but to my astonishment they've done the same thing again. Many of the features promised on the Akai website have not been implemented, such as audition sample from disk and the Aksys USB software for connecting the machine up to a computer. Check the Akai ad for the 4000 on their sight. They have the cheek to promise full Aksys compatibility and many features which don't work on this OS. Even worse is the speed of save time to the internal hard drive. Takes well over an hour to save around 100 mb of files. Floppy would be faster, except there isn't one on the machine. Any MPC 2000 users will be shocked to learn that the 4000 can't even read .snd files! Utterly preposterous!
I can't help but wonder how Akai have the audacity to release expensive hardware which is not fully developed or beta tested. The S6000 OS farce pissed a lot of people off and I believe Akai lost a lot of respect from users who spent a lot of money on a machine which, for some time, simply didnt do what the manual said it could do.
Akai have made the same mistake again, pissing off the people they should be looking after most- their customers. Caveat emptor!
May 15, 2002 @07:48am