rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

emu vintage keys keyboard

dougsyo

There's been some discussion of this keyboard on the internet, and I've browsed E-Mu's web page about it and downloaded the PDF manual. It looks interesting.
A couple of questions: (1) Is this keyboard solid enough to gig with ? (2) about how much does it weigh ? (3) How well would it serve as a softsynth controller (I have Sonar) ?
Doug
February 28, 2003 @04:20am
dougsyo

your ad text says six analog outputs plus digital
e-mu's site says 4 analog outs, nothing about digital.
Did they change the specs before shipping ?
Doug
February 28, 2003 @04:46am
Bob

I just looked and our site says 4 outs. maybe it was recently corrected??
It's similar to their PK6 so I'd say you could gig with it and it would definately work well as a controller.
February 28, 2003 @02:31pm
dougsyo

Originally posted by Bob
I just looked and our site says 4 outs. maybe it was recently corrected??
It's similar to their PK6 so I'd say you could gig with it and it would definately work well as a controller.

Good to hear... I'm hardly a 'gigging musician' but I don't want something that's "fragile".
As far as the 6 vs 4, I'm looking at
http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/VintKeys/ and it says 6 outputs + digital this moment. Maybe the old data is cached somewhere...
Any idea on the weight ? I have had 20 lbs (Yamaha PSR series), 40 lbs (Korg CX-3) - both of which are gone now - and 7 lbs (Midiman Radium) - although I'd speculate "10 lbs or less" since there's no amp or speakers.
Doug
February 28, 2003 @03:00pm