rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Fender Blues Deluxe Re-Issue amp!

Dewey643

I am SERIOUSLY considering buying this amp to play an Epiphone Dot guitar through,...in fact,both the guitar and amp are on my "wish list" to buy soon as my fishing boat is paid off! Haha! Anyway,..I want to keep the amp's stock Eminence speaker and stock tubes as it comes from the factory. I have read a LOT of the reviews on the amp here on Sweetwater's website and they are all good,so I feel confident I will have a great 'clean' amp for "praise & worship" music at church,...and "praise & worship" music is about as close to country music you will get at my church since they say the amp is good for country,rock,and blues! I would choose a Deluxe Reverb,but the cost of those are out of my budget,so the Blues Deluxe comes about as close as I will get to having a DR! I am going with this amp since it's a 40 watt amp,and should cut through the mix of organ,digital piano,and a full congregation singing without being too loud! Am I making a good choice on amps here? I don't need the extra drive channel of the Hot Rod Deluxe,which is why I chose the Blues Deluxe for basic,clean sounds!
February 25, 2013 @08:13pm
funkmeister

I am SERIOUSLY considering buying this amp to play an Epiphone Dot guitar through,...in fact,both the guitar and amp are on my "wish list" to buy soon as my fishing boat is paid off! Haha! Anyway,..I want to keep the amp's stock Eminence speaker and stock tubes as it comes from the factory. I have read a LOT of the reviews on the amp here on Sweetwater's website and they are all good,so I feel confident I will have a great 'clean' amp for "praise & worship" music at church,...and "praise & worship" music is about as close to country music you will get at my church since they say the amp is good for country,rock,and blues! I would choose a Deluxe Reverb,but the cost of those are out of my budget,so the Blues Deluxe comes about as close as I will get to having a DR! I am going with this amp since it's a 40 watt amp,and should cut through the mix of organ,digital piano,and a full congregation singing without being too loud! Am I making a good choice on amps here? I don't need the extra drive channel of the Hot Rod Deluxe,which is why I chose the Blues Deluxe for basic,clean sounds!

Make sure you try out the amp first. Tone is GREAT and yes, it's a good clean amp that can also provide some decent grit with the drive channel, but my experience is that the volume controls are very sensitive. My Blues Deluxe is a few years old, so the problem may have been remedied, but both channels on mine have volume pots that are virtually "hair triggers" as far as control goes. There's a point just past a setting of about 1 1/2 where levels jump dramatically - very hard to control that point.
March 8, 2013 @02:25pm
guidowitz

I have the amp and guitar combo you are referring to. The amp is more powerful than needed for most my gigs but the tone is great and is hard to beat. Makes the $300 "dot" sing like a bird. The volume controls are a bit touchy as previously commented though.
April 19, 2013 @07:54pm