We Love Gear Sale
Sweetwater Forums

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Crown vs. Peavey

trestlecreek

I am new to this forum. I am going to purchase a new power amp, and have been looking at the crown xls2500 and the Peavey ipr dsp 3000. They can both run down to 2 ohms, and put out 1400 watts per side at 2 ohm. I am leaning toward the Peavey because of the DSP built in. And the Maxx bass ability. Does anyone have experience with both of these amps?
February 21, 2013 @06:12pm
perrychilds

Peavey may own Crest now but that doesnt mean their amps are as good as crest amps now. My understanding is that the CS line from Peavey is there best line and it comes with a great warrenty, but that is because it was tooled by crest. However, I would rather buy a mid grade amp from a great company (crown) and then a mid range amp from a midrange company (peavey). All of this is just my opinion and I think the peavey amp is a fine amp, but I prefer crown.
March 15, 2013 @03:46pm
Close Close $6,000 Mackie PA System Giveaway -- input your email address below to enter or click here to learn more.

See giveaway details & rules or check out our past winners!

Success!

Your email, test has been entered to win this giveaway. Good Luck!