0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
January Clearance 2017

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

What PA Speaker size to buy

shootingstarno

Hello. Does anyone have an opinion on the size of pa speakers I need to buy for small clubs venues. 12 inch or 15. How many watts. Im buying powered speakers for sure. Also. Because of my budget IM considering buying the new class D Behringers. If anyone has heard these speakers Id appreciate a post on how they sound. Thanks. Paul Brady wa state.
February 8, 2013 @06:27pm
Tom Brembeck

Here is a helpful guide that I found online that outlines several different kind of venues and the equipment needed for that type of venue. This is only a reference but does give you a good starting point as to where to begin and it is published by a company that has been in the business for years.
http://yamahacommercialaudiosystems.com/downloads/broch_pdfs/sr_application_guide2010_na_upd.pdf
I hope you find this useful.
Tom
February 10, 2013 @05:31pm
TimmyP1955

How deep is the room? How wide? What type of artists?
February 16, 2013 @06:05pm
funkmeister

I own the QSC K10's and a K12 sub. GREAT SYSTEM!!!! very articulate, plenty of power, compact and light weight. I chose the 10" models as a good compromise for coverage (I do mostly small clubs as well). All three models, K8, K10 and K12, have built-in class Damps for 1000 watts continuous, so power reserve is no problem for small clubs. The K10's even work well for small outdoor events.
March 8, 2013 @02:47pm
perrychilds

In my opinion, the QSC K series is a great set of speakers. They sound great and perform well. However, for the price, I think you are better to go with the Live X series from EV. They perform just as well, if not better, and are a couple hundred bucks cheaper. I know Sweetwater does not carry them, but they are some good speakers. In addition, I think it is important to mention that you might think about getting a drive rack too. Drive racks can help take you sound to a "whole nother level" of clarity and awesomeness.
March 15, 2013 @03:33pm