0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
June 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Damsel in distress....any knights in shining armour out there? Cables go where?

Steffy

Hi...I hope someone can help/.
I am having trouble connecting the following so that they all work perfectly.
DELL STUDIO XPS PC RUNNING WINDOWS 7
MBOX 2
TYROS 2 KEYBOARD
STAGEPAS 500 PORTABLE PA SYSTEM
USING PROTOLS 9
I have been composing and recording using the above equipment but have been left by my technicion husband ,to struggle setting it all up by myself. Although i am musically trained and have a music degree I am absolutely clueless with the technical side of things DOH
I need a hero [ OR HEROINE] who can explain in laymans terms how to connect the
KEYBOARD---MBOX---SPEAKERS[PA]-----PC........and i mean real step by step instructions..sorry:(
I have had a go but its a wonder I haven`t blown the whole lot sky high.
I am desparate to get back to recording. I am not recording in midi mode.
Many thanks
February 7, 2013 @03:16am
JimG

If I understand your equipment information, my suggestion is to connect 2 audio cables OUT from your TYROS to the INPUT of the MBox2. Then 2 audio cables from the MBOX2 audio OUT to your sound monitors. Then connect a USB cable from the MBox2 to your Dell Computer. And it goes without saying, be sure all of your power cords are also plugged in. If the MBox2 reacts similar to my Presonus Audiobox USB, it's necessary to plug the USB cord into the SAME computer USB port that you used to install it with.
Hope that helps.
March 15, 2013 @04:17pm