0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 3

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Groove Tubes Mic Mounting: Basic question

QROCK

I am new to microphones and recording so this is a stupid question, but here goes. The Groove Tubes MD1B mic cage and On Stage Stands boom mic stand that I bought both have male ends, and I can't figure out how to mount the cage and mic on the stand. Do I need some kind of adapter?
January 29, 2013 @12:35am
jpleong

Can you provide a picture? The microphone mount (cage) should not be male.
edit- Do you mean the silver piece in this photo?

If so, that's actually an adapter for European-sized threads and can be removed.
JP
January 29, 2013 @09:18pm
QROCK

Thank you. My error. It looks like the silver piece in the picture you attached. I need to get a European to U.S. size piece or adapter, correct?
February 1, 2013 @06:42pm
jpleong

Thank you. My error. It looks like the silver piece in the picture you attached. I need to get a European to U.S. size piece or adapter, correct?

That little silver piece is actually the adapter. You can use a flat-head screw driver to get it out.
JP
February 1, 2013 @10:44pm
QROCK

Thank you very much. I'm looking forward to recording my first tracks at home. Will likely purchase a reflexion filter soon, but for now, I need to learn the basics of microphone positioning and how to use the preamp correctly. All my best to you.
February 4, 2013 @12:50am