0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Presidents' Day Sale! Ends Today

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

interface upgrade help pleez

weezamiah

want to up grade my interface. currently using the 002. i have a treated room, plugins,mic pres and monitors. dac1 and the lucid 2496 and clock for converters. This will b my last mega purchase for a while so want to buy for the future also. while im happy with the da conversion would like to upgrade the ad. looking at the apollo or ensemble or other alternative. monitor r ns10 and events sp8 , pres great river np2nv,assort of ghood mics. i would like to get somthing to enhance whats here or revamp. the 002 im sure support will b discontinued. was looking at the pt omni but out of my price range. or what would you keep or replace in this rig. thanks
January 24, 2013 @12:31am
Todzilla

want to up grade my interface. currently using the 002. i have a treated room, plugins,mic pres and monitors. dac1 and the lucid 2496 and clock for converters. This will b my last mega purchase for a while so want to buy for the future also. while im happy with the da conversion would like to upgrade the ad. looking at the apollo or ensemble or other alternative. monitor r ns10 and events sp8 , pres great river np2nv,assort of ghood mics. i would like to get somthing to enhance whats here or revamp. the 002 im sure support will b discontinued. was looking at the pt omni but out of my price range. or what would you keep or replace in this rig. thanks

How many analog channels do you need at once? What's your budget? What kind of music? What are your goals for that music?
January 24, 2013 @01:38pm
weezamiah

usually i use mostly audio instruments with the exception of vocals and bass. the drums are usually tracked by a friend in nashville. with that said i usually record one to three tracks at a time. Budget is around 2000. this is a one time pass from the wife as a birthday gift so wanting to upgrade for the future.
January 24, 2013 @02:30pm