0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
April 2017 Giveaway

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

How to hook up a looper

FishFilet

Hello,
I am thinking about getting a BOSS RC-3 Loop Station. I am wondering how I will hook this up to my amp. If I run my guitar into the looper and then into the amp, I can't get a different sound for say the rhythm loop and my solo.
My amp does not have an effects loop which has been suggested by some. My amp does have a recording out and an auxiliary in. I was wondering if I could go from the recording output of the amp to the input of the looper and then from the output of the looper into the auxiliary in on the amp. My guitar would then go directly into the amp input.
My thinking here is that I could then chose one type of effect on my amp and record it with the looper and then send it back with the auxiliary in. Then I could have that play while I could use a different effect on the guitar for the lead.
Would this work?
January 18, 2013 @03:23am
theactor19

Thats the issue with the Boss looper. You really can only get one kind of sound out of it. Thats why i sold mine
February 5, 2013 @10:51pm