0% Interest for 24 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
Microphone Month 2

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Connecting keyboard to digital recorder

awyatt1

I am connecting a Korg Trinity Pro X keyboard to a Tascam 2488 Neo digital recorder. In the Neo manual it recommends connecting the two outputs from my keyboard to inputs E and F of the recorder in order to get stereo sound. My question is this. If I plug a splitter into the two keyboard outputs and then run just one cable to input E on the recorder, will I get the same result?
November 27, 2012 @11:06pm
D.C.Emeritis

I am connecting a Korg Trinity Pro X keyboard to a Tascam 2488 Neo digital recorder. In the Neo manual it recommends connecting the two outputs from my keyboard to inputs E and F of the recorder in order to get stereo sound. My question is this. If I plug a splitter into the two keyboard outputs and then run just one cable to input E on the recorder, will I get the same result?

highly possible,if you record on input e ,then copy to f, then pan to get stereo perspective...should work......worst case; implement second cable, as per manual,based upon keyboard program. if you use a splitter two to one, you are actually combining a stereo signal to mono.
November 28, 2012 @07:54pm
Jim Tavegia

I think it is best to stereo out of the piano and in to 2 of your tracks. You can use the piano tracks as the basis for your stereo mixdown. That is unless a mono piano suits your needs. I take it you are bounding tracks to get your final mix.
March 30, 2013 @07:14pm