0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Selecting a DAW for simplicity.

rolloman

Which DAW would be the simplest for me to use to just lay down some guitar tracks. I am going to purchase a Digitech RP355 multieffect that comes with CuBase LE 4, or else a Boss ME-25 multieffect that comes with Cakewalk SONAR 8.5 LE. I have a Toshiba Sattelite C655-S5504 Laptop.
November 27, 2012 @02:03pm
TimOBrien

Basic functions of all daws are the same.
It's up to you to pick the one that works for you.
It's your comfort with the workflow that is important.
Either one of those will be fine.
You just have to read the manuals and work with the BASIC functions at first
and not get all caught up in the details of functions you dont need to use yet.
You'll do fine; we've all been there...
November 27, 2012 @02:08pm
ACB

I would highly suggest Studio One Free by Presonus.
Free to DL and keep forever-no timeout!
I would DL the manual to Studio One Producer (don't worry it's practically the same thing as Free) and follow along as you're learning the basic functions. Once you get your feet wet, you'll find Presonus to be the MOST user- friendly and *fastest* way to get tracks down.
Yeah, there are some limitations to this-no 3rd party support and you can only mix down to stereo but if this product had been for sale 14 years ago, it probably would have cost at least $300!
DL it and give it a shot! Then you can choose an interface for itself rather than what it's bundled with!
February 13, 2013 @08:55pm
CapnLockheed

+1 Studio 1 is very intuitive and user friendly......I've used all the major DAWS and just started using S1. I highly recommend it as a 1st DAW.
March 11, 2013 @07:13pm