rrrabuyvsvsveytfazersurdwarubawvev
0% Interest for 36 Months! Learn more »
(800) 222-4700
  • Español: (800) 222-4701
Cart
July 4 Financing

Sweetwater Forums [Archived]

After 15 years of great discussions, the Sweetwater Forums are now closed and preserved as a "read-only" resource. For discussions about current gear, check us out on Facebook, YouTube, inSync, and our Knowledge Base.

Considering Line 6 POD 2 or similar product - need advice

Petruccifan77

I am 100% new to audio interfaces with guitar and computers. I have always played thru my Carvin Legacy amp but due to disturbing others in the house, I need to find a way to practice guitar using headphones. The features I need are to be able to jam or practice guitar over MP3's, headphone output, amp simulation and effects like distortion, and the ability to slow down tracks without changing pitch would be nice. I am really not looking to record, just practice and jam along with MP3's. After a lot of searching, it looks like a Line 6 POD 2 is similar to what I am looking for (it has effects, amp simulation and headphone output), but can someone verify if you can jam over MP3's on it and can you slow down tracks on it? Otherwise, if anyone has a suggestion for another manufacturer or model, I would really appreciate it. Thanks
November 22, 2012 @03:54am
jc986

You can download Line 6 Edit software for free that works with the POD from Line 6's website, and it has the ability to play along with MP3's and to slow down the track and keep it at the same pitch. For the price, I don't think you'd do any better with any other piece of equipment.
November 23, 2012 @09:32pm